The Dress Collective is a giving project to empower women by encouraging philanthropy, and the act of #doingsomethingfornothing.
With your support, we have been able to place 23 dresses with brides so far. We always need gently used, high quality gowns and would love to place yours!
The criteria for donating:
- Wedding dresses must be from 2010- present to ensure placement
- Dresses must be in usable condition (no major tears, rips, or unremovable stains)
- All sizes welcome! The highest need are sizes 12-24
- Dresses that follow common trends and styles are best (think white/blush colours)
- Sorry, but we do not take grad, mother of the bride, or flower girl dresses at this time.
- We are able to coordinate volunteer pickups within Winnipeg only at this time- and will do our best to accommodate pickups just outside the perimeter. If you live in rural MB, we would greatly appreciate a drop-off.
- We require photos of your dress for our records- please include these in your email
If your dress matches this criteria, please contact email@example.com with the following information: Size, brand, year purchased, requirements for dry cleaning (yay or nay!) and include any photos you feel comfortable sharing. We will then advise on an appropriate drop-off location.
Best Care Dry Cleaners is the exclusive dry-cleaning partner of the WPG Dress Collective, and offers drop-off locations for dresses at 998 Main St. and 1290 Kenaston. Please wait for confirmation from our team prior to dropping off.