The WPG Dress Collective is a giving project to empower women by encouraging philanthropy, and the act of #doingsomethingfornothing.
With your support, we have been able to place 31 dresses with brides so far. We always need gently used, high quality gowns and would love to place yours!
The criteria for donating:
- Wedding dresses must be from 2010- present to ensure placement
- Dresses must be in usable condition (no major tears, rips, or un-removable stains)
- All sizes welcome! The highest need are sizes 12-24
- Dresses that follow common trends and styles are best (think white/blush colours)
- Sorry, but we do not take grad, bridesmaid, mother of the bride, or flower girl dresses at this time.
- We are able to coordinate volunteer pickups within Winnipeg only at this time- and will do our best to accommodate pickups just outside the perimeter. If you live in rural MB, we would greatly appreciate a drop-off.
- We require photos of your dress for our records- please include these in your email
If your dress matches this criteria, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information: Size, brand, year purchased, requirements for dry cleaning (yay or nay!) and include any photos you feel comfortable sharing.
Then, feel free to drop-off at any Best Care Dry Cleaner location. We are accepting dresses until FEBRUARY 28!
The follow-up: we ask recipients of dresses to consider sending us wedding images to share with our donors. However, the WPG Dress Collective can’t guarantee this happens, or that your dress will be chosen at our next fitting event. To protect the privacy of our recipients, we do not require them to share their identity with donors.
Best Care Dry Cleaners is the exclusive dry-cleaning partner of the WPG Dress Collective, and offers drop-off locations for dresses at 998 Main St. and 1290 Kenaston.